How do I verify my Google Apps domain?
To verify ownership of your Google Apps domain, you'll need to sign in to your domain host, which is most likely the service you used to buy your domain name.Click each step to follow along with the images
- Sign in to your domain's host account.
GoDaddy and eNom are examples of domain hosts. Who is my domain host?
- Locate the page for updating your domain's DNS records.
The page might be called something like DNS Zone File, Name Server Management, or Advanced Settings.
Get specific steps for your domain host
- Locate the TXT records for your domain.
They'll look something like the image on the right.
- Add a TXT record using the value in your Google Apps domain's security token.
The token is a 68-character string that begins with google-site-verification=. There are two ways ways you can find it in your Admin console, explained in the image to the right.
- Save your changes and wait until they take effect. The changes can take up to 72 hours to go into effect depending on your domain host, but generally occur within a few hours.
If the changes don't take effect after 72 hours, please contact us.
Your TXT record should look like this
|Name / Host / Alias||Time to Live (TTL)||Record Type||Value / Answer / Destination|
|@||3600 (seconds)||TXT||google-site-verification= rXOxyZounnZasA8Z7oaD3c14JdjS9aKSWvsR1EbUSIQ|
Other ways to verify your domain
I need help to verify my domain
Get quick, personal help from the Google Support team. We're available 24/7.
David is a Google Apps for Work deployment expert and author of this help page. Leave feedback below about the page.