/programmable-search/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
I don't have the toggle to turn ads off.
My domain is registered with Google as an EDU and verified.  I am using Google as my search engine on my website and I do not want Ads to appear in the results.  When I go to programmablesearchengine.google.com, I select my domain, click on the Ads tab and I do not have the toggle to turn off Ads.  I tried the steps to register as an EDU but ended up at the end with the domain already exists.  What do I need to do for that option to appear?
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (7)
Relevant Answer
Hi Lakenet,

You will need to follow the document below and have your organisation registered with Google for Education/School and have your search engine upgraded to a "non-profit" version:
https://support.google.com/customsearch/answer/4542102?hl=en

If your organisation domain '*.edu' is already registered with Google for Education/School, then please have your organisation add the email address that is the verified owner of the Programmable Search Engine as a Super Admin of the domain to your Google for Education administrator panel.

Once done, please wait for a few days for the sync to happen and your PSE engine will be upgraded to a non-profit version and the option to disable Ads will be enabled on the PSE control panel.

Thanks
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Deepak,
Thank you very much for that info.  It has been 24 hours at this point and I still don't see the disable Ads option.  I will keep checking over the next couple days and will report back if it worked or not.

There are two accounts listed as owner of the PSE.  The first person added as the owner is not a Super Admin of Google for Education Console.  The second account that was added yesterday as an owner of the PSE, is the Super Admin of the Google for Education Console.  Do both owners of the PSE have to be Super Admin to get the disable Ads option to appear once the sync happens or should the non Super Admin be removed as the owner to get that option to appear?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Lakenet,

Yes. Please wait for few more days and then check if your PSE has been upgraded to an Educational nonprofit version.

Any one of the owner of the PSE engine should be added as the Super Admin of the Google for Education Console.

Thanks
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
At this point it has been just a few hours short of five days since the account that is a Super Admin my to Google for Education Console as an owner in PSE and I still do not see the option to disable Ads.  Any other suggestions??

The other account that is listed as an owner in PSE is not a Super Admin, any chance that is holding this up?  Would that make a difference in this case?

Thanks for the help!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Lakenet,

Request you to please wait for few more couple of days. It does take some time to sync.

If it still does not gets upgraded to an Educational non profit version, please let me know and also please provide me with the search Engine ID.

Thanks
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It has been 12 days now still no change.  Is there a way to get you the Search Engine ID privately?

Thanks.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Lakenet,

Have responded to you privately. Please review the response and respond to that email with the required information.

Thanks
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/programmable-search/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic