/programmable-search/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
How to search for similar images with Custom search 0 Recommended Answers 7 Replies 3 Upvotes
1 Update
$0 Updates
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
Hi, I was wondering if I can search for similar images with Custom search? I've tried to implement a regular search (tested it on cse page), but pictures passed as urls are not found. However, when I try to do that manually, there are search results.
Details
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (7)
Relevant Answer
Hi,

Can you please help me understand your query with more details. Please provide screenshots/examples to illustrate your query.

Thanks
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Deepak, thank you for a quick reply!
So, what I want to do is to search for similar (matching) images like searching by image in Google:

I created a custom programmable search. However, when I try to enter URL on the settings page, nothing is found both on the Internet search (Интернет in Russian) and image search (Изображения).

Can you please tell me if it is possible to get matching/similar images via API? If so, what should I put in the query?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi,

Thanks for the information provided.

Can you please provide me with your Programmable Search Engine ID.

Also, please provide me with the query with which you are performing search.

Thanks
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm also curious about this. Is it possible to search by image?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Any update on this issue i want to integrate find similar images from my website using cse
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Josh and Akshay,

You can enable image search for your search engine from the Programmable Search Engine control panel > Setup > Basics page:

Once you perform a search, on the results page there will be 2 tabs displayed. One "Web" and other "Images". To get image results, you need to click on "Image" tab.

Thanks
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi all. I'm looking for the same feature, and I think that the provided solution is not right.

The question is about performing a search with an input image. Not searching for images related to some text.

Something like performing a search here: https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&authuser=0&ogbl

Is there a way to provide the custom search api with an image file or with an image url to perform the search for similar images?

Thanks in advance.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/programmable-search/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic