When you enable search results sorting, Programmable Search Engine automatically lets you sort results by date and by relevance. If you use PageMaps, meta tags, or rich snippets markup to create structured data on your pages, you can enable also sorting by additional properties used in your markup.
For example, if your content is marked up with Reviews rich snippets, you could enable sorting by rating (number of stars) or other numerical key. If your content includes a PageMap identifying a publication, you can sort results by Publication Date.
Enable search Results sorting:
- On the Control Panel, click Overview and scroll down to Search features. Click on "All search features settings". Then scroll down to Advanced settings.
- In Results sorting section below, select toggle "Enable results sorting" to enable/disable results sorting.
- (Optional) To add a custom sorting key:
- Click Add.
- In the Key box, type the key name you want to appear on the search results page. Users will click this name to sort results.
- In the Key Label box, type the property you want to sort by. This should exactly match the DataObject name (PageMaps) or property (rich snippets) used for your content. (To see the available keys, use the rich snippets testing tool.)
- Click Save.
By default Programmable Search Engine enables sorting of results by "Relevancy". From "Default Web Search sorting"/ "Default image search sorting" set the default Web Search results sorting style from the sorting results drop down list.