To create a new Programmable Search Engine, all you have to do is give your search engine a name and choose what to search in your search engine.
Step 1: Name your search engine
In the Name of the search engine field, enter a name to identify your search engine. For tips on naming your search engine, see Branding guidelines below.
Step 2: Choose what to search to in your search engine
There are two ways your search engine can search. Select either:
- Search specific sites or pages. Enter your site or pages and click on "Add" blue button to add your site.
- Search the entire web.
Step 3: Choose your Search settings
You can choose your specific search settings:
- Enable Image search for your search engine.
- Enable SafeSearch for your search engine.
Step 4: Check the reCAPTHA check box
You will need to check "I'm not a robot" to proceed.
Step 4: Create your search engine
Once you’re ready, click Create.
- Avoid using "Google" in the name of your search engine.
- Be sure any references to Google comply with the Google branding guidelines.
- You can turn off Google branding by customizing your search box from the Look and Feel section of the Programmable Search Engine control panel.
- Do not use other trademarked names unless you own them or have permission from the trademark owner to use them.