Google Nest Secure has been tested and certified by Underwriters Laboratories to comply with UL safety and security standards. Google Nest Guard and Google Nest Detect have proven reliability, durability and sensing capabilities. Here are the complete details.
UL certification standards
Guard and Detect meet rigorous UL security standards, and were tested for compliance by Underwriter’s Laboratories for residential use.
- Guard was evaluated by UL for use as a burglar alarm control panel (UL 1023) and PIR intrusion detector (UL 639)
- Detect was evaluated by UL as a magnetic contact switch (UL 634) and a PIR intrusion detector (UL 639)
Nest Secure also meets or exceeds industry standards for:
- Product durability
- Product reliability
- Wireless communications reliability
- Intrusion detection capability
- Motion detection reliability
- Open/Close detection reliability
- Motion detection range
- Electrical safety
- Alarm siren loudness
- Resistance to common false alarm sources
UL compliant installation
There are different ways to install and use Nest Secure, depending on your home and your family’s needs. The Nest app will guide you through installation, and you can decide which settings work best for you.
Some insurance companies may offer a discount to customers who have a UL certified security system installed. In order to meet your insurance provider’s requirements, you may need to install and use Nest Secure in a specific way. The following article can help your system meet UL certification standards for installation and use.
How to set up Nest Secure to comply with certification standards >