Google Play Newsstand Producer Overview
What Google Play Newsstand Producer is
Google Play Newsstand Producer is a production environment that helps publishers produce and monetize their existing content — specifically for distribution via phones and tablets. Within Producer, you can:
- Link to or import your existing content;
- Make design decisions that automatically optimize your content so it can be simultaneously delivered to smartphones and tablets of all sizes and orientations;
- Add multimedia elements optimized for smartphones and tablets;
- Publish the result (we call it an "edition") into Google Play Newsstand — Google's magazine and news reader.
Producer makes it easy for you deliver the best possible, high-performance experience to your users, who are increasingly spending their time on smartphones and tablets. Your users will enjoy:
- Automatic page layout in both portrait and landscape modes for devices of all sizes;
- Automatic content updates in the background;
- Fast response times for all core interactions;
- Offline access;
- Integrated multimedia elements, including high-res images, videos, and audio;
- The ability to instantly share their favorite content with others.
What Google Play Newsstand Producer isn't
Google Play Newsstand Producer is not an authoring or a content management tool (CMS). Your content (text, pictures, videos, audio) are created and managed elsewhere, then are pulled into or linked from Producer for mobile post-production.
Google Play Newsstand Producer is also not a tool for producing online websites optimized for PC browsers. The producer is solely focused on the mobile phone and tablet experience.
So keep this in mind — Producer is a production tool for optimizing your content and products for phones and tablets.