What Google Play Newsstand Producer is
Google Play Newsstand Producer is a production environment whose mission in life is to help publishers produce and monetize existing content — specifically for distribution via phones and tablets. Within the producer, you can:
- link to or import your existing content and media
- make design decisions that automatically optimize your content so it can be simultaneously delivered to smartphones and tablets of all sizes and orientations
- add multimedia elements optimized for smartphones and tablets
- publish the result (we call it an "edition") into Google Play Newsstand — Google's magazine and news reader
The producer makes it easy for you deliver the best possible, high-performance experience to your users, who are increasingly spending their time on smartphones and tablets. Your users will enjoy:
- automatic page layout in both portrait and landscape modes for devices of all sizes
- automatic content updates in the background
- fast response times for all core interactions
- offline access
- integrated multimedia elements optimized for touch input and location-aware devices — including slideshows, live maps, videos, and audio
- the ability to instantly share their favorite content with others
What Google Play Newsstand Producer isn't
Google Play Newsstand Producer is not an authoring or a content management tool (CMS). Your content (text, pictures, videos, audio) are created and managed elsewhere, then are pulled into or linked from the producer for mobile post-production.
Google Play Newsstand Producer is also not a tool for producing online websites optimized for PC browsers. The producer is solely focused on the mobile phone and tablet experience.
So keep this in mind — the producer is a production tool for optimizing your content and products for phones and tablets.