Google Play Newsstand Producer overview
What Google Play Newsstand Producer is
Google Play Newsstand Producer is a production environment that helps publishers produce and monetize their existing content — specifically for distribution via phones and tablets. Within Producer, you can:
- link to or import your existing content
- make design decisions that automatically optimize your content so it can be simultaneously delivered to smartphones and tablets of all sizes and orientations
- add multimedia elements optimized for smartphones and tablets
- publish the result (we call it an "edition") into Google Play Newsstand--Google's magazine and news reader
Producer makes it easy for you deliver the best possible, high-performance experience to your users, who are increasingly spending their time on smartphones and tablets. Your users will enjoy the following features:
- automatic page layout in both portrait and landscape modes for devices of all sizes
- automatic content updates in the background
- fast response times for all core interactions
- offline access
- integrated multimedia elements, including high-resolution images, videos, and audio
- the ability to instantly share their favorite content with others
What Google Play Newsstand Producer isn't
Google Play Newsstand Producer is not an authoring or a content management tool (CMS). Your content (text, pictures, videos, audio) is created and managed elsewhere, then is pulled into or linked from Producer for mobile post-production.
Google Play Newsstand Producer is also not a tool for producing online websites optimized for PC browsers. The producer is solely focused on the mobile phone and tablet experience.
So keep this in mind--Producer is a production tool for optimizing your content and products for phones and tablets.