Get verified on Google
How to get verified
To verify that you’re an authorized representative for the entity, follow the steps below:
- Ensure that you have a Google account. If you don't, then create a Google account.
- Go to Google Search.
- Search for yourself or the entity you represent and find its knowledge panel.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Claim this knowledge panel.
- Review the displayed information about features granted after verification.
- Sign in to one of the official sites or profiles listed to verify that you’re an authorized representative of an entity on Google. The list of options include:
- Search Console
After you sign in successfully, you can manage the entity on Google.
If you verify that you manage an online presence using Twitter, Google automatically stores the association between your accounts.
To remove this association, follow these steps:
- Go to Webmaster Central.
- In the list of properties you own, click the Twitter account you want to remove.
- Under the “Action” column, click Unverify.
If you receive an error that this entity is already managed by someone else, try signing in with another Google Account. If this doesn’t work, check with your team to see who already has access. Learn more about how to add users.
If you receive an error that you’re not signed in to an associated account, make sure you’re using the correct Google Account associated with the site or profile. You can also try any of the following:
Add an owner to a topic’s website
- If you haven't already, add the topic’s official website to Search Console. Learn more about Search Console.
- Add a site owner to the official website.
After you complete these steps, it can take up to 24 hours before the option to verify appears.
Transfer ownership of a YouTube channel or Google+ page
Each YouTube channel or Google+ page can have just one owner. Only the current owner can transfer ownership to a new owner.
- YouTube: Learn how to transfer ownership of a YouTube channel.
- Google+: Learn how to transfer ownership of a Google+ page.
If you have any questions, please contact us.