Knowledge Base FAQs and Troubleshooting
Postini offers several ways for administrators to stay up to date on planned maintenance and changes to system status. Click below for more information.
- How do I get my first password during activation?
- If I lose my activation email, what should I do?
- If I forget my Administration Console login and password, what should I do?
Find more information about troubleshooting activation in the Message Security Troubleshooting Guide.
- Why am I not getting any mail at all?
- Why am I not getting mail from one sender?
- I've added an Approved Sender to the Administration Console. Why isn't mail from the sender getting through?
- Why do I get a "too many addresses" error when I add addresses to my Approved and Blocked Senders lists?
- What does the error message "Mail limit exceeded" mean?
- I think Message Security/Message Discovery may be having system problems or an outage. How can I find out?
- Why does my report data seem out of date?
Find more information about troubleshooting maiflow in the Message Security Troubleshooting Guide.
- Why aren't filtered messages in a user's Quarantine?
- Why are inbound messages delayed?
- Why are inbound messages not received?
- Why are my outbound messages being bounced?
- Why are my outbound messages delayed?
- Why aren't my outbound messages getting through?
- Why doesn't my compliance footer wrap correctly?
- Why was a legitimate message quarantined?
- How can I analyze the headers of a message to determine how it was processed by the message security service?
- How did spam get through the message security service?
- How can I submit samples of spam messages to Postini for analysis?
- How do I stop users from disabling their virus filtering?
- Why did a legitimate message get quarantined as a virus?
- Why did a virus-infected message get through the filters?
- Why do I get an error when I enter the Quarantine Administrator address?
- How can I tell if a message bypassed Content Manager because of the Approved Senders list?
- Why does Content Manager catch messages that do not include the keywords in my filter?
- How can I tell whether I've used the correct syntax for my regular expressions?
- What should I do if I forgot my password?
- How do I change my password?
- How is Message Center access managed?
- How do I access my message archive?
- Why is my archive empty?
- How do I search for messages?
- Why can I not find a specific message?
Need more answers? Search the Help Center
To find more help content, use the search box at the top of the page to search the Help Center.
- Be specific: For example, if you're looking for help with a Content Manager issue, make sure you enter "Content Manager" as keywords.
- Use error codes: If you see an error message, copy it into the search box.
- Try variations: For example, if "filter" or "policy" doesn't get results, try "content filter" or "compliance policy."