In most cases, mail flow problems are related to the configuration of your email servers and the email security service, incorrectly configured MX records, or loss of connectivity to or from your email server.
- Check the Delivery Manager Message Traffic Graphs.
In the Administration Console, select the appropriate email server from the pulldown list or the Show Hierarchy window.
Click the Inbound Servers tab, then the Delivery Mgr link. View the Message Traffic Graph:
- Gray Bars = Total attempted connections
- Dark Red Lines = Failed connections
- Light Green Lines = Spooled connections
- Any other color lines = Delivered connections. See the legend on the graph for details about which line refers to which IP.
- If some or all of your users are receiving no email, refer to the following information:
“Test Tools and Mail Flow Troubleshooting,” in the Email Security Service Administration Guide
Follow the step-by-step troubleshooting instructions before contacting support for assistance. This procedure should take approximately 15 minutes.
In the Administration Console, you can access the Email Security Service Administration Guide by clicking the Help link in the upper-right corner of any page.