Note: This article doesn't address technical problems or issues unrelated to data privacy. If you have technical issues, visit our help center and support forums.
Manage your privacy
Download your data from Google products & services
Submit a data access request
If the info you're looking for is not available via these tools, submit a data access request and specify:
- The categories of personal info you're seeking;
- The products or services to which the data relates;
- Any approximate dates when you think the data may have been collected by Google.
You’ll need to sign in to your Google Account to complete the form.
Important: You can also call our toll-free number, 855-548-2777. Our representatives can answer many of your questions and help you fill out the web-form to ensure we are providing information to the account owner.
Review your basic account info
When you’re signed in to a Google Account, you can always review and update info by visiting the Google services you use. For example, Photos and Drive are both designed to help you manage specific types of content you’ve saved with Google.
We also built a place for you to review and control info saved in your Google Account. These tools include:
- My Activity allows you to review and control data that’s created when you use Google services, like searches you’ve done or your visits to Google Play.
- Google Dashboard allows you to manage info associated with specific products.
- Personal Info allows you to manage your contact info, such as your name, email, and phone number.
When you’re signed out, you can manage info associated with your browser or device, including:
- Signed-out search personalization: Choose whether your search activity is used to offer you more relevant results and recommendations.
- YouTube settings: Pause and delete your YouTube Search History and your YouTube Watch History.
- Ad Settings: Manage your preferences about the ads shown to you on Google and on sites and apps that partner with Google to show ads.
Submit a data access request
If the info that you want isn't covered by these tools, you can submit a data access request. You can:
Control your privacy & security settings
Review your privacy settings
You have controls to manage your privacy across our services. You can use Privacy Checkup to review and adjust important privacy settings like those below. In addition to these tools, we also offer specific privacy settings in our products.
- Activity Controls
- Decide what types of activity you’d like saved in your account. For example, you can turn on Location History if you want traffic predictions for your daily commute, or you can save your YouTube Watch History to get better video suggestions.
- Ad Settings
- Manage your preferences about the ads shown to you on Google and on sites and apps that partner with Google to show ads. You can modify your interests, choose whether your personal info is used to make ads more relevant to you, and turn on or off certain advertising services.
- About You
- Control what others see about you across Google services.
Review how you share data with third-party apps and sites
To help you safely share your data, Google lets you give third-party sites and apps access to different parts of your account.
Delete your activity
Learn more about how to see, control and delete the info in your Google Account.
Delete your Google Account
Once your account is deleted, all your data and account content is removed from our systems after a certain amount of time. Our retention policy describes why we hold on to different types of data for different periods of time. Once you delete your Google Account, you’ll no longer be able to use the following:
- Services that require you to sign in, like Gmail, Drive, and Calendar;
- Data associated with your account, including emails, photos, and records of transactions;
- Subscriptions on YouTube;
- Content you purchased on Google Play, like movies, games, or music;
- Info you've saved in Chrome;
- Your Gmail username. Once it’s deleted, you can't use it again later, and you can't create a new Google Account with the same username.
In addition to these tools, we also offer specific deletion controls in our products, like Photos.
Get help with privacy-related questions
Contact Google with a data privacy inquiry
Learn about the data & info Google collects
What info we collect & how we use it
Where your data is stored
Remove content from Google products
Recover or secure your account
Recover or get back in to your Google Account
If you're having problems with a personal account:
- Follow these steps to recover your account.
- If you still can't recover your account, find the Product Forum for the product you're using.
- Create a post with your question.
If you're using a Google product with a work or school account, find help for G Suite.
Suspect that your account has been hacked
Suspicious activity in your account
If you think a crime has been committed
If you think that a crime has been committed, you may wish to contact law enforcement.
If you're getting someone else's email
Get help with a Google product
Visit our help center and support forums.