If you see a blinking light, the Pointy box is attempting to connect to the cellular network. If the light is not solid green after 30 minutes, try these steps:
- It is best to avoid having the Pointy box located under or behind anything that might block the signal. Try moving the box away from other electronic devices and/or above the counter.
- If your box has an antenna, make sure it's in a vertical position.
- Try positioning the box so that the Pointy label is facing the nearest external window or door.
- Keep the Pointy box connected overnight. It might just need some time to find a signal.
The Pointy Box is still flashing
If Pointy hasn't connected to the network after 2 days:
- Unplug the Pointy box from the scanner and POS.
- Find the nearest power outlet close to a window.
- Plug the Pointy box into a powered USB port (for example, a smartphone charger) via the blue USB cable.
- Once the light on the Pointy box goes green, reconnect it to the POS and scanner.
How do I know if the Pointy Box has connected?
Solid green light: The Pointy box is connected to the cell network and ready to transmit barcodes.
Blinking green light: The Pointy box is searching for a cellular network. This is an automated process that may happen a few times during the day depending on the reception in the area where the Pointy Box is installed.
Blinking purple light: The Pointy box is charging.
No light: The Pointy box has no power. Double check the connections.
Need more help?
If your issue is still unresolved, email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your store name.
- The make and model of your barcode scanner.
- The make and model of your POS system.
- A brief description of the issue you’re facing.