To use Pointy you must agree to the Google Terms of Service, as supplemented by these Pointy Additional Terms of Service (the “Pointy Additional Terms”).
Other service-specific additional terms may also apply to the extent you choose to use other Google services with Pointy.
Please read each of these documents carefully. Together, these documents are known as the “Terms”. They establish what you can expect from us as you use our services, and what we expect from you.
If these Pointy Additional Terms conflict with the Google Terms of Service, these Pointy Additional Terms will govern your use of Pointy.
- Pointy service. Pointy, including Pointy hardware and the Pointy API, is a Google service that allows merchants to show their in-store inventory online.
- Ownership and license. As long as you follow the Terms, the Google Terms of Service give you permission to use Pointy. Google retains any intellectual property rights we have in Pointy, including all rights relating to Pointy hardware.
- Using Pointy hardware. To access Pointy, you can use Pointy hardware or a compatible point of sale system. If you choose to use Pointy hardware, you must:
- install, connect, and use Pointy hardware in accordance with Google’s instructions, including Google’s published user documentation, such as Installing the Pointy box;
- not disassemble or modify the Pointy hardware;
- notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org: (a) before you disconnect or transfer Pointy hardware from the original installation location; or (b) if you discover that the Pointy hardware is defective, does not work as intended, or is destroyed, lost, or stolen; and
- return or recycle Pointy hardware if you no longer use Pointy.
- Warranty. In addition to the warranty provided in the Google Terms of Service, we warrant that Pointy hardware will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use in accordance with Google’s published user documentation for one year from the date you first receive Pointy hardware. In addition to the Disclaimers described in the Google Terms of Service, we don’t make any commitments that your use of Pointy will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- Payments. If you request Pointy hardware, we may charge you a one-time fee (“Fee”). Please see the Pointy Fees page for details about the Fee, supported payment methods, trial periods, and refunds.
- Account Cancellation.
- Cancellation Rights. You may cancel your Pointy account at any time by notifying us in accordance with How to cancel your Pointy account. Google may suspend or terminate your access to the service as specifically described in the Google Terms of Service. We may also cancel your Pointy account if your store doesn’t have a physical location where consumers can buy products locally or is a type of Store not Suitable for Pointy.
- Effects of Cancellation. If your Pointy account is canceled for any reason, your access to Pointy will end.