Pointy integrates with your Vend POS by collecting all of your product’s barcode numbers and finding an image and description to match each one. Therefore, for Pointy to work well, your Vend inventory needs to have associated barcode numbers. These must be manufacturer codes (UPC or EAN codes), rather than unique SKUs you have created yourself.
There are three ways to add barcode numbers to your Vend POS:
1. Modify an existing item
Warning: If you have already entered your own custom-made non-manufacturer SKUs into the 'SKU' section then adding the UPC barcode number will overwrite them.
- If you already have products on your Vend POS, but have not added your UPC barcodes, simply go to the Products tab on the sidebar.
- Find the product you want to modify and click the edit pen
- Enter the UPC into the SKU section using your barcode scanner or by typing the number manually
- You can read more about how to edit products here
2. Create a new item
- Go to the Products tab on the sidebar > Products > Add product
- Once here, you can fill out all the relevant information for the product you wish to add to Vend.
- In order for Pointy to work you must have UPC codes inputted for your items. Please enter a UPC code in the SKU field for each product.
- Be careful as Vend will automatically generate a new SKU code for every new product. In order to enter the UPC code, you can choose to ‘enter a custom SKU’ and enter the UPC into the SKU section using your barcode scanner or by typing the number manually.
- You can add other information such as product name and description but these details will not be used on your Pointy Page. We source all of this information through our databases.
- You can read more about creating new items here.
3. Import items
To import your products in bulk, we recommend using Vend’s product template spreadsheet file to create your product list. You can download the template spreadsheet, read more about it and watch a useful video on Vend’s Help Center.
- Go to the Products tab on the sidebar > Products > Import
- Scan or type the product barcode number (UPC) for your product into the SKU column.
- Either drag and drop your file or click browse to search for and add the file
- Once the file has been uploaded and validated click 'Continue with Import' to import the products into your store.
- You can read more about importing items here.