Pointy is a tool that helps attract local customers to your brick & mortar store by showcasing your products on Google.
Watch the short video below to see how it works:
Pointy from Google - how it works
Why add your in-store products to Google
- Increase your store’s visibility - your in-store products can appear in search results and on your Business Profile on Google Search and Maps, making it easier for customers to see what you sell before visiting your store.
- Show customers what’s available in your store - many customers check Google to see if stores near them stock the products they want. By adding your products to Google, they can easily check if the product is available in your store.
How to add in-store products to Google with Pointy
Adding your in-store products to Google with Pointy is simple and free of charge. You don’t need to set up a merchant centre account or create product feeds as Pointy does all this for you.
- Plug the Pointy box in between your barcode scanner and Point of Sale (POS) system so that it can add your products to Google.
- Scan your products at your register, same as always. As you scan them, Pointy matches the product image and name from the UPC/EAN barcode and adds it to Google. No manual data entry is needed.
- Your in-store products will show up on your Business Profile and can appear in search results, helping more people to find you.
Pointy is available as a downloadable app that works on some Point of Sale (POS) systems, including Clover, Square and Lightspeed. If the app is available for your Point of Sale (POS) system, you don’t need the Pointy box. Check if you can get the app.
Pointy is generally available for:
- Businesses in the US, CA, UK, IE, AU.
- Retailers with physical stores who use wired barcode scanners or compatible point of sale systems and sell products with manufacturer (UPC/EAN) barcodes.
Tip: Some Pointy functionality may only be available in certain countries.