What happens if you lose access to Google+
If you use Google+ for work or school, your administrator controls whether you can use Google+ and post content. You may not be able to use Google+ if:
- Your administrator turns off Google+ for your account.
- Your account doesn’t have an active G Suite license assigned to it.
Restore access to Google+
Contact your administrator if you think you should be able to use Google+. Your administrator may need to assign a new license to your account.
Note: If you signed up for G Suite for yourself, you may be your account’s administrator. In this case, make sure your billing information is correct. Fix payment and billing issues.
What happens when you lose access
When you lose access to Google+ for work or school:
- You won’t be able to post, comment, or +1 in Google+.
- You’ll get an error message or notice when you try to post, comment, or +1.
- You may be able to delete your old content. Delete and manage activity on Google+.
- You may be able to delete your Google+ profile.
- If your work is no longer a G Suite customer, your Google+ profile and content will be deleted for you. This does not apply for schools using G Suite for Education.
Note: If your G Suite or Google+ account is suspended, your access to Google+ may be blocked and your content will be hidden and might eventually be removed.