Get started with sharing
Share your favourite places, things to do and thoughts with your friends, family and other people on Google+.
Share with your followers
- When someone follows you, they can see posts that you've shared with them in their home stream.
- You don't have to follow them back.
Share with the public
When you share a Google+ post with "public":
- Anyone can see it, even if they don’t have a Google+ account.
- It might be shown in searches.
Choose who can see your posts
- You can choose who can see your posts.
- When you share a post on Google+, people who follow you and have permission to see the post can see it in their streams. Posts that you share can also be shown on your profile.
Block people from seeing your posts
If someone follows you but you don't want them to see anything that you post, you can block them.
Comment on posts
- You can have conversations with people on Google+ by commenting on posts.
- People can turn off commenting on their posts, so you might not be able to comment on everything that you see.
- People who can see your posts can also comment on them, unless you turn off commenting for a particular post.
- Anyone who can see a post that you've commented on may be able to see, +1 and reply to your comment, even if you aren’t following each other.
+1 posts that you like
When you see a post or a comment that you like, you can +1 it.
- You can reshare posts to your own Community or followers.
- People can turn off resharing for their posts. Some posts shared privately can't be reshared, so you might not be able to reshare everything that you see.
- You can also reshare posts publicly and externally to show posts from Google+ on other websites.