Connect with people on Google+
You can follow someone on Google+ to see what they share in your home stream.
When you follow someone on Google+, you can see posts they've made in your home stream.
When you follow someone:
- They are added to your "Following" circle
- They might get a notification letting them know that you're following them.
- They can see that you're following them.
- They can choose what you see from them.
- They can see what you share and previously shared with your "Following" circle.
To follow someone:
- Open the profile of the person you want to follow. You can search for their name, or click or touch their photo next to a comment or post they've made.
- Click or touch FOLLOW.
To unfollow someone:
- Open the profile of the person you want to unfollow. You can search for their name, or click or touch their photo next to a comment or post they've made.
- Click or touch FOLLOWING (or the name of the circle they’re in).
- Unselect the "Following" circle.
- Click or touch DONE or OK.
Comment on a post
You can comment on posts that other people share. Anyone who can see a post you comment on can see, reply to, and +1 your comment, unless you've blocked them or they blocked you.
To comment on a post:
- Open the post you want to comment on.
- Click or touch the comment icon .
- Add your comment, then click or touch POST, ADD, or the send icon .
After you make a comment, you can edit or delete it:
- Find the comment you want to edit or delete.
- Touch your comment or click the menu icon .
- Click or touch Edit or Delete comment.
Note: If you don't see the comment icon on a post, it means you don't have permission to comment. People can turn off comments on their posts after other people have made comments, so you might see comments on a post without being able to post a comment.
+1 a post
You can use the +1 button to show that you like what someone else posted.
To +1 a post:
- Find the post you want to +1.
- Click or touch the +1 icon .
To undo a +1, click or touch the +1 icon again. You can also delete +1's from your Activity Log.
People in your network might see posts that you've +1ed in their stream and might get a notification that you +1ed their post. Anyone who can see a post can see who +1ed that post.
Your Shared Endorsements settings affect how your name and picture might be used when you +1 ads.
You can go back and see posts and comments you've +1ed by checking your Activity Log. You can also remove your +1 using the Activity Log.
People who see posts and comments you make can +1 them. Their followers might see that they +1ed your post or comment, and you might get a notification that someone +1ed your post or comment.
Note: Not all features are available across all platforms. If you can't find something you're looking for, please try a different device.