Connect with people on Google+
You can follow someone on Google+ to see what they share in your Home stream.
When you follow someone on Google+, you can see posts they've made in your home stream.
When you follow someone
- They are added to your "Following" circle
- They might get a notification letting them know that you're following them.
- They can see that you're following them.
- They can choose what you see from them.
- They can see what you share and previously shared with your "Following" circle.
- They may get a notification if you follow them, follow their Collection, or +1, comment on, or reshare their post.
To follow someone
- Open the profile of the person you want to follow. You can search for their name, or click or tap their photo next to a comment or post they've made.
- Click or tap FOLLOW.
To unfollow someone
- Open the profile of the person you want to unfollow. You can search for their name, or click or tap their photo next to a comment or post they've made.
- Click or tap FOLLOWING (or the name of the circle they’re in).
- Unselect the "Following" circle.
- Click or tap DONE or OK.
Comment on a post
You can comment on your own posts or posts that other people share. You can enter text, insert images, or place a link into your comments. Links show up with previews.
Add a comment to a post
- Open the post you want to comment on.
- Click or tap Comment .
- Add your comment:
- To insert an image, click or tap Insert image or .
- To insert a link, click or tap Insert link . You can also start typing a link and a preview should appear below it.
- If you’re inserting a link, click or tap through the thumbnails to pick the photo you want to display with the link. You can also post a link without a photo.
- Click or tap POST.
Edit or delete your comment
- Find the comment you want to edit or delete.
- Tap your comment or click More .
- Click or tap Edit or Delete comment.
Mention people in your posts
Mention people to get their attention on a larger post or if you want to address someone specifically. They'll be able to see the post which they were mentioned in, even if the post wasn't originally shared with them.
Note: You won't be able to mention someone in a comment if the original poster locks the post.
+1 a post
You can use the +1 button to show that you like what someone else posted.
To +1 a post:
- Find the post you want to +1.
- Click or tap +1 .
To undo a +1: Click or tap again. You can also delete +1's from your Activity Log.
- People in your network might see posts that you've +1ed in their stream and might get a notification that you +1ed their post.
- People who see your posts and comments can +1 them. Anyone who can see a post can see who +1ed that post.
- Your Shared Endorsements settings affect how your name and picture might be used when you +1 ads.
- See posts and comments you've +1ed on Google+ and outside Google+ by viewing your Activity Log.
The +1 button and your privacy
- When you +1 a post, Google gets information about your Google profile, the URL you +1, your IP address, and other browser-related information.
- If you undo your +1, this information will be deleted.
- The +1 button isn’t used to track your visits across the web.
- Google may keep some information about your visit, usually for about two weeks, to maintain and debug its systems. This information isn’t organized by individual profiles, usernames, or URLs. Publishers do not see this information.