Photos featured as background images on Google
If you shared a photo publicly, it may be featured as a temporary background display on select Google products. We'll let you know via email if one of your photos gets featured.
Where your photo might appear
People might see your photo as a background on some Google products, such as:
- Google Fiber
- Device wallpapers
Which photos get featured
Your photo has a higher chance of being featured if it's popular on Google+, which can mean getting a lot of +1s, reshares, and comments. Photos that are featured must:
- have been publicly shared on Google+
- be in landscape orientation (not portrait)
- have at least a resolution of 1920 x 1080p
- not feature people
- not have text or watermarks
- be posted by the original owner
Don't want your photos featured?
By default, your publicly shared photos may be featured as background images on Google products. You can choose to not have your photos be featured by changing this setting using a computer or mobile browser.
- Go to the Google+ settings page.
- Scroll to the "Photos and Videos Shared on Google+" section.
- Check the box or turn on the option next to "Don’t feature my publicly-shared Google+ photos as background images on Google products & services." If this setting is checked, your photos (including previously featured photos) will not be featured as background images.