Hangouts On Air
Start or schedule your Hangout On Air
You can start a Hangout On Air right away or schedule one in advance. By scheduling your Hangout On Air, you can send your audience to the event before your broadcast begins and set up a custom trailer so that they can learn more about it.
Start or schedule a Hangout On Air
- On your computer, go to plus.google.com/hangouts/onair.
- Click Create a Hangout On Air.
- Type a name and a description.
- Choose a start time:
- Now: Start the Hangout On Air immediately after you create it.
- Later: Fill in the date and time when you want your Hangout On Air to start.
- Choose your audience. This is the audience that can see the Hangout On Air.
- For maximum reach, “Public” is recommended.
- Adding specific people and circles ensures they receive a notification.
- If you don’t want your Hangout On Air to be widely publicized, you can also make your event unlisted.
- Click Share.
People can RSVP to your Hangout On Air through the Google+ event page and view on multiple devices.
Once your Google+ event page has been created, you can add a video or image as a custom trailer for your Hangout On Air. If you don’t add one, your users will see a countdown clock to the event.
To add a custom video, click Add a trailer and add a YouTube video by either searching, entering a YouTube URL, or selecting a video already uploaded to your YouTube account.
To add a custom image, click Add a trailer and add an image.
Start broadcasting your scheduled Hangout On Air
- Go to your Hangout On Air event in your Google+ Events page.
- Click Start in your event.
- Invite your participants.
- Click Start Broadcast to go live.
Once you start your Hangout On Air, you can also add more features and apps to your Hangout On Air.