Share a photo or video
Share photos and videos with the people you care about.Android app
- Open the Photos app .
- Touch and hold a photo to open selection mode > select other photos you wish to share.
- To see a photo while in selection mode, touch the expand icon at the bottom right of each thumbnail, then the back arrow < at the top left to go back to your selections.
- To select a group of photos on the Highlights tab, touch the check mark icon to the right of the group.
- Touch the share icon at the top.
- Choose the circles or individual people you'd like to share your post with. To remove a circle or person, uncheck the box next to the name.
- Add text or your location if desired.
- Touch Share.
- Open the Google+ app . Touch the main menu icon at the top left > Home.
- Touch the Photos icon to snap a new photo or choose one from your gallery.
- Touch the To field at the top to choose the circles or individual people you'd like to share your post with. To remove a circle or person, uncheck the box next to the name.
- Touch Share.
Share a photo from your computer
- Open your Google+ Home page.
- In the share box at the top left, click the Photos icon . You can:
- Drag and drop photos from your computer.
- Select Upload from computer to select photos from your computer or external hard drive.
- Select Your Google+ photos to choose from your photos, albums, or Google Drive.
- Add a message in the text box at the top and choose circles or people, then click Share.
- To share your photo with someone who isn't on Google+, type + and the person’s email address in the To field, like this: “+firstname.lastname@example.org”
- To mention someone in your post, type + and the person’s name or email in the message text box like this: “+email@example.com” or "+John Doe"
Share a photo or video from your Google+ photos
- Go to Google+. Touch the main menu icon at the top left > Home.
- Touch the Photos icon to capture, upload, or choose a photo to share from your Google+ albums, then touch:
- Choose file > Camera to capture a new photo to share.
- Choose file > Documents > Upload to upload a photo from your device.
- My albums to choose a photo from your Google+ albums.
- +Add another photo to add more.
- In the field at the top, touch the + plus icon to choose the circles or individual people you'd like to share your post with. To remove a circle or person, uncheck the box next to the name.
- Touch Share.
When you post publicly, your post and photo will be visible to anyone across the web:
- People who've added you to their circles may see your post on their Google+ Home page.
- Any Google+ user can see your public posts on the “Posts” tab of your profile.
- Your post or photo may appear in search results and in other Google products. For example, if you share a photo with "Public" that has a location associated with it and is in an album with the "Show location" option checked, it will be added to your Google Views page and might appear in Google Maps. See if you have photos on Google Views & Google Maps.
To prevent posts or photos from being visible to anyone across the web, don't select Public when you share.
You might also like:Change who a post was shared with
Stop sharing a photo
When you share a photo, Google+ makes a copy of the photo to share as a post. To stop sharing a photo, delete all posts that contain that photo from your posts stream. Your original photo will still be in your Google+ photos, which are private unless you choose to share them.
Share with additional people
You can +mention people in the comments section by typing +[person's name] or @[person's name]. You can also type their email address instead of their name. The person you mentioned will get a notification that you mentioned them in your post.
Share with different circles
You can't change who you shared a photo with once it's been shared.
To share a photo with additional people, just share the photo again with the people and circles you left off.
To stop sharing a photo with people or circles you shared it with previously, delete the post. You can find your old posts on the Posts tab of your profile.
if you share a photo with "Public" that has a location associated with it and is in an album with the "Show location" option checked, it will be added to your Google Views page and might appear in Google Maps. Learn how to remove a photo from Views and Google Maps. If you don’t have a Google Views page, one will be created for you.
How to view these photos:
- Go to Google Views on a computer or using your mobile device’s web browser.
- Click your name at the top right. Any photos you see on this page are photos that you've shared with "Public" that have a location attached to it and are in an album with the "Show location" setting checked, but they may not be featured on Google Maps.
- To see if you have any photos that are featured in Google Maps, click the Public with location info drop-down menu on the right:
- Click Public on Google Maps. If this option is gray and not clickable, then that means you do not have any photos on Google Maps.
- Click here to learn how to remove a photo from Views and Google Maps.