Google+ Local photo and video guidelines
Adding relevant photos and videos help others discover the places that are just right for them. Make the best photos and videos by following these tips:
- Keep it relevant. Photographs are a great way to share your experience with a business in an artistic, evocative way, but please make sure your photograph or video is about the relevant business page. We will remove photos that are not related to the business.
- Pictures are worth 1000 words. Try to make your pictures more images than text. While uploading a photo of the menu or the storefront would be permitted, other users might want to see the photo you took of the delicious cheesecake.
- Quality over quantity. As best as you can, upload high quality photos or videos. Photos that are overly blurry, noisy, rotated, or too dark may be removed.
We reserve the right to both remove photographs and videos that violate our content policy, and suspend business owners who upload such media. Photos or videos that violate our content policy might contain:
- Illegal content
- Violations of copyright
- Trademark infringement
- Incitement of violence
- Promotion of hate
- Invasion of privacy
Photos that are uploaded to Google+ Local pages should also be relevant to the business represented by the page. Specifically they should:
- Not be merely text, unless it is relevant to the place. For example, the menu of a restaurant or a photo of the storefront with large fonts would be permitted.
- Not be copyrighted, unless uploaded with permission of the copyright owner
- Be of respectable quality. Photos that are overly blurry, noisy, rotated, or too dark may be removed.
Red the full terms of service for images and videos uploaded to Google Maps.