Get a custom URL for your Google+ profile
You can use a custom URL to create a short, memorable web address for your Google+ profile.
Important: You can't change your custom URL after you've created it, so make sure that you like yours before you finalise it.
Get a custom URL for your Google+ profileAndroid app/Mobile browser/iPhone or iPad
It's easiest to use a computer to get your customised URL. Please use a computer instead of a mobile device.
- If there is a custom URL available for your account, you will see a banner at the top of your screen.
- Click the link in the banner.
- You'll see the custom URLs that you can choose from. You may also need to add a few letters or numbers to make it unique to you.
- Next to "I agree to the Terms of Service", click the box > in the bottom left-hand corner, click Change URL.
- You may be asked to verify your account using your mobile phone number. If you're asked to do this:
- Type in your mobile phone number > in the lower left-hand corner, click Send code.
- Check your phone for the code that was sent to you.
- Enter that code into the box on your screen. Then, in the lower left-hand corner, click Verify.
- When you're ready to permanently add your URL to your profile, click Confirm choice.
Rules for getting a custom URL
There are a few rules to bear in mind when you're trying to get a custom URL. If you're having trouble, make sure that:
- You have ten or more followers (people who have added you to their circles)
- Your account is at least 30 days old
- Your profile has a profile photo
- Your account is in good standing