Get a custom URL for your Google+ profile
You can use a custom URL to create a short, memorable web address for your Google+ profile.
Important: You can change your custom URL up to 3 times a year.
Get a custom URL for your Google+ profileAndroid app/Mobile browser/iPhone or iPad
It's easiest to use a computer to get your customised URL. Please use a computer instead of a mobile device.
- If there is a custom URL available for your account, you will see a banner below your name on your Plus profile.
- Click the link in the banner.
- You'll see the custom URLs that you can choose from. You may also need to add a few letters or numbers in the box to make it unique to you.
- Next to “I agree with Terms of Service", tick the box.
- Click Change URL.
- When you’re ready to add your custom URL to your profile, click Confirm.
Remove your custom URL
You can remove your current custom URL from your Google+ account up to 3 times each year. Removing your custom URL will deactivate the URL so that it can no longer be used to direct people to your profile, and links containing your custom URL will no longer work. Once it's removed, you can claim a new custom URL (if eligible).
You cannot claim a new custom URL from the “About me” page. If you want to claim a new custom URL, please follow the steps above to set up a custom URL on Google+. You will need to meet the general eligibility requirements in order to claim a new custom URL.
- On your computer, go to aboutme.google.com.
- In the top right, select the Google+ account which you want to remove the custom URL for.
- Next to "Sites", click Edit .
- Next to the custom URL that you want to remove, click Delete .
Rules for getting a custom URL
There are a few rules to bear in mind when you're trying to get a custom URL. If you're having trouble, make sure that:
- You have ten or more followers (people who have added you to their circles)
- Your account is at least 30 days old
- Your profile has a profile photo
- Your account is in good standing