When you invite people to an event or update an event, your guests will receive a notification. Depending on their notification settings, they may get an email or a notification in the Google bar. People you invite to an event who do not use Google+ are sent an email invitation.
By default, when you edit your event in the following ways, a notification is sent to your guests:
- Update the event location or time
- Invite more people
- Delete the event
Change your notification settings
- Open Google+. Place your cursor in the top left corner for the Google+ main menu.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the 'Events' section under 'Receive notifications'.
- Check or uncheck the boxes for notifications from the following:
- Invitations or updates to events such as time and date changes by the event host
- Reminders about events I'm invited to includes a reminder the day before the event, when a hangout event begins, or to add photos after the event
- Activity on events I created, such as new comments, new photos, or guest responses to the invitation