Invite a phone participant to a video call
Currently, you can only invite a phone participant once you've joined a video call.
To invite a phone participant:
- Start and join a video call.
- Click the invite icon at the top of the video call window.
- Select +Add telephone.
- Enter the phone number.
- Click Call.
- Click the dial pad icon if you need to press numbers within the call.
Add credit for phone calls:
All calls to the U.S. and Canada are free. Phone calls made to other countries are billed at our very low rates.
Here's how you add credit:
- Click the invite icon at the top of the video call window and then select +Add telephone.
- Enter the international phone number you're calling.
- Click on either the price of the call or your credit balance, both of which are displayed below the phone number.
- In the window that opens, select Add $10 credit.
- Complete your credit purchase with your Google Account.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you are outside of the U.S., and do not see this option, it is probably because you’re in a country where the feature has not yet been made available. We are working on making this feature more widely available and we appreciate your patience.
You and other participants in the video call can each invite up to 9 phone participants, but the maximum number of phone participants per Hangout is 10.
Only the person who dialed in can mute his or her own phone. A person can't mute another participant on the call.
If you don't already have a Google Voice account, making outbound phone calls through Hangouts doesn't automatically give you a full Google Voice account. The initial Google Voice account that's created when making phone calls from within a video call doesn't contain all of the features of Google Voice like a unique Google phone number. This initial account allows you to manage the basics for calling phone numbers in a video call, such as calling credit. If you're a Gmail or Google Voice user, your calling credit and call history will be shared across all three products. At this time, users outside of the U.S. cannot upgrade to a full Google Voice account.
- Go to Google Voice.
- Click History on the left side of the page.
If you are a Gmail or Google Voice user, your calling credit and call history will be shared across all three products.
We’re sorry to hear that you’re having trouble. You can request a refund of your entire remaining balance or request credit for a particular call by signing into your account and following these steps:
- Visit our credit request start page.
- Click the Refunds button next to your calling credit.
- Click Refund entire balance.
For all other issues please use this troubleshooter to help resolve your issue.