Restore a deleted photo
You can recover photos that were backed up to your Google Account and that were deleted less than 60 days ago. How to get your photos back:Android app
- Open the Photos app .
- At the top left, touch the menu icon and at the bottom, touch Trash.
- Touch & hold the photo you want to recover.
- At the top right, touch the restore icon . This will put the photo back onto your phone, into your Auto Backups, and into any albums it was in.
- Go to photos.google.com.
- Click More and then Trash.
- Place your cursor over the photos you want to restore > click the checkboxes to select them.
- Click Restore. Your photos will be restored to the same album(s) they were in before they were deleted.
- Open the Google+ app .
- Touch the menu icon at the top left > Photos.
- Touch the title at the top (it will probably say Highlights) and choose Trash.
- Touch the select icon at the top right.
- Select photos and touch Restore at the bottom right. This will put the photo back onto your phone, into your Auto Backups, and into any albums it was in.
If you don’t see the photo you want to restore in your trash, that unfortunately means that the photo can’t be restored. You won’t be able to restore a photo if:
- It was deleted more than 60 days ago
- You emptied your trash after deleting it
- It was never backed up to your Google Account
To help avoid losing photos in the future, you can automatically back up your photos to your Google Account.