Find my Face in photos & videos
This feature isn't available in all countries.
Allow people to more easily find you in photos and videos by turning on Find my Face. If someone you know tags you in a photo or video, you'll be able to accept or reject the name tag.
How it works
After you turn on Find my Face, Google+ uses the photos or videos you're tagged in to create a model of your face. The model updates as tags of you are added or removed, and you can delete the entire face model at any time by turning off Find my Face.
If you turn on Find my Face, we can use your face model to make it easier to find photos or videos of you. For example, we'll show a suggestion to tag you when you or someone you know looks at a photo or video that matches your face model. Name tag suggestions by themselves do not change the sharing setting of photos or albums or videos. However, when someone approves the suggestion to add a name tag, the photo and relevant album or video are shared with the person tagged.
Turn Find my Face on or off
Find my Face is off by default. To learn how to turn it on or off, choose how you get to Google+:Android app
- Open the Google+ app > menu icon/button > Settings.
- Touch the account name you want to change the setting for.
- Touch Photos > check or uncheck the box under FIND MY FACE.
- Open Google+. Place your cursor in the top left corner for the Google+ main menu.
- Click Settings.
- Under the Photos check the box next to Find my face in photos and videos and prompt people I know to tag me.
- Open the Google+ app > touch the menu icon > gear icon.
- Touch Camera and Photos > turn the switch next to Find My Face on or off.
If you turn off Find my Face
- Your face model is deleted.
- People you know will no longer be prompted to tag you.
- Any name tags added are not deleted. If you'd like to delete name tags of you, do so in Photos of you.