Edit and add information to your local Google+ page
After you’ve created a local Google+ page, you’ll be able to add a description for your business, hours of operation, and contact information.
You should represent your business exactly as it appears in the offline world. Note that changing your business name in between the postcard request and pin entry stages of verification will cause the verification process to reset.
Enter the complete and exact address for your business location. Read our address entry guidelines for more recommendations.
Note that changing your address in between the postcard request and pin entry stages of verification will cause the verification process to reset.
You can update the phone number, website URL, and email address for your business here.
Add categories which describe what your business is, and not what it does.
To add the hours that your business is open:
- Select a day of the week from the first drop-down menu.
- Chose what time your business opens on that day from the options in the second box.
- In the third box, select when your business closes for that day.
- To add another day of the week, click Add Hours and repeat the process.
- Once you’re done, click Save.
If your business is closed for part of the day and then reopens, you can create two entries for the same day with the different times, and they will be grouped together on your page. For example, consider your business is open from 9am-2pm on Saturdays, closed from 2pm-5pm, then open again from 5pm-10pm. To show this on your page, you’d enter in the first open time by choosing Saturday, 9:00am, and 2:00pm. Then, you’d click Add hours and choose Saturday again for the day, but this time enter 5:00pm and 10:00pm as the opening hours.
You can delete any hours you’ve added by clicking the X next to the line entry.
Add a brief description of your business here. This is where you can introduce yourself to your customers and teach them about your business.
If you want to delete any specific information that you’ve added to your page, follow these steps:
- Make sure you're using Google+ as your page.
- Choose Dashboard from the left hand drop-down menu and click Manage this page for the page you’d like to edit.
- Click Edit page or Edit business information (for local pages) in the upper right hand corner of the screen
- Click the section that you want to change. Instead of updating the information, click the X to remove it.
- Select Save.