Search in Google+
You can search Google+ for people, posts, photos, communities, events and collections. Searching makes it easy to find things that you like or may be interested in.
- On your computer, open Google+.
- At the top of the page, click the search box.
- Type in what you want to search for and press Enter or Return.
Your search results include:
- Topics: Topics related to what you searched for
- Communities: Communities related to what you searched for
- People and pages: Profiles and pages that mention what you searched for
- Collections: Collections related to what you searched for
- Google+ posts: Both public posts and posts that were shared with you
More search options
You can refine a search in Google+ with these advanced searches.
Find posts from a specific user or user ID.
Tip: The ID, or url_id, is the string of numbers at the end of a profile’s URL.
Find posts with specific content.
before & after
Find posts posted before or after a certain date. Format date as YYYY/MM/DD or YYYY-MM-DD.
Find posts commented on by a specific user.
Find posts that mention a specific user.
Find posts in any community or collection, or in a specific community or collection by ID.
Tip: The community or collection ID is the string of numbers and letters at the end of a community or collection's URL.
AND, OR & NOT
You can refine your search to include multiple queries or exclude certain terms by using logic operators. Enter these operators in capital letters.
Tip: You can search for multiple operators without using the word 'AND'. You can also replace 'NOT' with a minus sign.