Search in Google+
You can search Google+ for people, posts, communities, and events. Searching makes it easy to find things you like or may be interested in.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google+ app .
- At the top right of the screen, tap Search .
- Type what you want to search for and tap Search.
Your search results include:
- Communities: Communities related to what you searched for
- People: Profiles that mention what you searched for
- Google+ posts: Both public posts, and posts that were shared with you
More search options
If you use Google+ for work or school, you can use the search box to perform an advanced search.
- On your computer, open Google+.
- At the top, in the search box, click the Down arrow .
- Type or click what you want to search for or filter by.
- Click Search.
You can also refine a search in Google+ by typing advanced search operators directly in the search box.
Find posts from a specific user or user ID.
Tip: The ID, or url_id, is the string of numbers at the end of a profile’s URL.
Find posts with specific content.
Find posts posted before or after a certain date, or within a custom date range.
Find posts commented on by a specific user.
Find posts that mention a specific user.
Find posts in any community or in a specific community by ID.
Tip: The community ID is the string of numbers and letters at the end of a community's URL.
AND, OR & NOT
You can refine your search to include multiple queries or exclude certain terms by using logic operators. Enter these operators in all capital letters.
Tip: You can search for multiple operators without use of the word "AND." You can also replace "NOT" with a minus sign.