Join a hangout
Joining a hangout on your mobile device is easy. If someone invites you to a hangout, you'll see "[Name] is hanging out" in your stream. You may also receive a Google+ notification or chat message inviting you to a hangout.
Note: Hangouts are not supported on all mobile devices (see requirements).
Join a hangout:
- Tap the post of the person who is hanging out.
- Tap Join Hangout.
- Adjust your microphone, video and camera settings. If you decide not to join the hangout, touch the X.
- When you're ready, tap Hangout.
When you enter a hangout, the current participants' profile photos are displayed at the top of the hangout. Each hangout can have up to 10 participants.
No one owns a hangout. That means that anyone in the hangout can invite anyone else. If you don't feel comfortable hanging out with someone you can block them.
Learn how blocking works in a hangout.
Navigate away from a hangout
If you navigate away from a hangout, the hangout remains active. You'll continue to send and receive audio from the hangout even when you're using a different part of the app, or if you return to your device's home screen.
- Tap a hangout notification to get back to the hangout.
- Tap the X icon in the hangout to leave it entirely.