Share your screen during a Hangout
During a Hangout video chat, you can let the others see your computer screen. This is useful for sharing presentations, photos, or other content.
Screensharing is currently only available from a computer.
Share your screen
- On your computer, open Hangouts at hangouts.google.com or in Gmail.
- Select a person from the Hangouts list or search for their name or email address. When you find the person you want, click their name.
- To start a group video call, for each person in your group, type their name and check the box in front of their name.
- Click the video icon .
- At the top right of the video call window, click Options .
- Click Share screen.
- Choose to share your entire desktop or your browser window.
- Click Share.
If you're in a room with Chromebox for meetings, you can present straight to the video call from your computer.
Stop sharing your screen
Click Stop in the banner at the top of the screen, or click Options > Stop Screenshare.