Turning Auto Backup on or off
Automatically back up your photos and videos to Google+ by turning on Auto Backup. This can include photos that you take with your device’s camera, photos that you download onto your phone or computer, and photos saved by other apps. You'll also get access to cool features like Auto Awesome, Auto Enhance, photo editor and unlimited standard-sized backups.
Open the Google+ app > touch the Menu icon/button > Settings > Auto Backup > Toggle On or Off
Changing other Auto Backup settings.
1. Open the Google+ app > touch the Menu icon > Gear icon > Camera and Photos > Auto Backup > Toggle On or Off
2. Allow Google+ to access your photos: Phone settings > Privacy > Photos > Google+ > toggle the setting ON
Change other Auto Backup settings.
You can choose to automatically back up your Android's photo and video folders, including photos that you've downloaded, screenshots that you've taken or photos saved by other apps.
Turning setting on or off
Open the Photos app > touch the Menu icon/button > Settings > Auto Backup > tick or untick Back up local folders
Turning on or off for individual folders
Open the Photos app > touch the Photos menu icon at the top left > Folders > to the right of each folder title, toggle the Cloud icon to turn Auto Backup on or off for that folder:
|Auto Backup is on for that folder|
|Auto Backup is off for that folder|
You can back up an unlimited number of:
- Standard-sized photos (where the longest edge is 2,048 px or less) &
- Videos that are less than 15 minutes long and have 1,080p resolution or less
By default, Auto Backup uploads at full size, but you can change the setting.
What counts against your free Google Drive storage quota?
- Photos larger than 2,048 px on the longest edge. Full-sized photos can be no larger than 100 MB.
- Videos longer than 15 minutes or saved at a resolution higher than 1,080p.
If you start approaching the free storage limit, you'll see a Google+ notification. If you run out of storage, we'll automatically switch to storing photos at standard size. Learn more about Google Drive storage plans and pricing.