Find posts about nearby things or from people near you
You can use the Nearby filter on your mobile device's Home page to see posts about things nearby or posts from people nearby. These posts may have been shared publicly or specifically with you by a person or business on Google+.Android app
- Open the Google+ app.
- Touch the down arrow at the top right corner > Nearby.
- Open Google+.
- In the search box at the top, type the location name. For example:
"New York City" or "NYC".
- Click the search icon.
If you're looking for businesses nearby, you can search using Google+ Local:
- Open Google+. Place your cursor in the top left corner for the Google+ main menu.
- Click Local.
- In the search boxes at the top, type a business name and a location.
Step 1: Turn on your device's location services
- Open the Settings app on your iOS phone or tablet > Privacy > Location Services > switch to ON.
- Make sure that the Google+ app has access to the service by turning the switch for Google+ to ON.
Step 2: Find posts related to your location
- Open the Google+ app .
- At the top left, touch the menu icon > Home.
- To the right of the Google+ icon , touch the dropdown menu.
- Touch Nearby.