To watch YouTube videos with others in a video call, open the YouTube app in the original video call interface. Everyone in the video call will also have to add the app.
Find videos to play
- On your computer, open g.co/hangouts.
- Under the "Send invite as [your email address]" section, search for names or email addresses of the people you want to invite.
- Click Invite.
- Point to the left side of the video call window, and a bar will appear.
- Click the YouTube App .
- If the app isn't listed, click and select + Add apps.
- Browse the "Featured" tab to find the YouTube app.
- Point to the YouTube app and click Add to video call.
- When YouTube asks for permission to start, click OK.
- At the top right of the video call window, click Add videos to playlist.
- Type in what video you're searching for, and click the search icon .
- When you find the video you want to share, click the add icon .
- To close the search box, click Back.
When someone adds the first video to the playlist, it will start playing automatically.
Changing the volume does not affect anyone else. But the following controls will affect everyone in the video call:
- Fast forward
- Save playlist
To cut down on noise, everyone is muted by default when a video is playing. To talk to others, press Push to talk underneath the video, and hold until you are finished talking.