Change your profile's search results setting
By default, your profile will appear in Google search results. You can change your profile settings at any time if you don't want Google and other search engines to index your profile.
To change your profile search results setting:
- Open Google+. Place your cursor in the top left corner for the Google+ main menu.
- Click Settings.
- In the Profile section, find the "Help others discover my profile in search results" option:
- Check off Help others discover my profile in search results if you want your profile to be visible in search.
- Uncheck Help others discover my profile in search results if you don't want search engines to index your profile.
- If you use Google Apps, the setting is called “Help people outside my organization discover my Google+ profile.” Your administrator may be able to choose your default setting, but you can change it at any time.
- If Contact Sharing is turned on for your organization, people in your organization can easily find your profile regardless of your search results setting. For example, they could find your profile by searching for contacts in Gmail.
- Contact Sharing is probably turned on if you can find all or most people in your organization in your Gmail contacts. If you're not sure, check with your organization's administrator.
If you choose not to have search engines index your profile, your profile itself won't appear in Google search results. However:
- Your profile will still remain visible to anyone with your profile URL.
- Other pages and content (including websites, blogs, and Google products such as Picasa Web) that link to your profile can still appear in search results on Google and other search engines.
- Changes you make to your profile visibility setting may be reflected across search engines at different times, depending on when each search engine crawls your profile page.
- Your profile may still be suggested to others. For example, your profile may be suggested to people who have you in their contacts to add to their Circles.