Delete a circle
You can delete the default circles (Friends, Family, Acquaintances and Following) as well as the circles you create.
To delete a circle:
- Open Google+. Place your cursor in the top left corner for the Google+ main menu. Click People.
- Click Your circles at the top.
- Click the circle you wish to delete.
- A trash can icon will appear on the circle. Click it.
- When you see the 'Delete circle?' prompt, click Delete circle to confirm.
Your circles will also be deleted if you delete your Google+ Account.
When you delete a circle, everything previously shared with those people will no longer be visible on the Posts tab of your profile (unless you shared the same content with another circle they're in). The content will still be visible on the former circle members' Home page.