Circles are an essential part of Google+. They're the key to sharing. The great thing about circles is that they let you group people together based on how you think of them in real life. Using circles allows you to:
- Share jokes and secrets with your Best Friends circle
- Put your most professional side forward when you post to your Work circle
- Show your team spirit with posts to your Sport fanatics circle
With Circles, people see all of the content that you want them to, and none of the content that you don't.
New to circles? Find people!
- Open Google+. Place your cursor in the top-left corner for the Google+ main menu. Click People.
- Use Suggestions to find people who’ve added you to circles or to add people to your circles.
- Use 'Find colleagues' or 'Find classmates' to find additional people and add them to your circles.
Creating new circles, or adding people to your existing circles
- Open Google+. Place your cursor in the top-left corner for the Google+ main menu.Place your cursor in the top-left corner for the Google+ main menu. Click People.
- Click on the Your circles tab
- Click on the people who you'd like to add to a circle (you can click on multiple people at a time)
- To create a new circle, drag the highlighted group of people to the .
- To add to a circle that you've already created, drag the highlighted group of people to an existing circle.
Customising your profile information by circle
You decide who can see each piece of personal information on your profile. For example, your contact details and relationship information could be visible to your friends circle, while your employment history and education could be visible to your alumni association circle. Learn more about the visibility of your profile information.