Choose how you share information on your profile
Your full name, profile photo, and cover photo is the only information available for everyone to see. You can choose who sees your information, as well as what information people can see. For example, you can make the “Basic Information” and “Links” sections of your Profile viewable to the public, your “Work” section viewable to your Work circle, and all other information available to your “Best Friends” circle.
Choose who to share information with
- Sign in to Google+. Place your cursor in the top left corner of the Google+ main menu and click Profile.
- Click the About tab below the bottom left corner of your cover photo.
- You’ll see boxes containing different types of information you can add. Click the Edit link at the bottom of the box you want to adjust.
- You can change who sees the information in the box using a dropdown menu in the upper-right corner of the box. You can choose to share the information with: “Extended circles,” “Public,” “Your circles,” or “Only you.”
Choose which of your Profile tabs are visible
When viewing a profile, tabs are located at the top of the page. The "About" tab and "Posts" tab will always appear to anyone who visits the profile page. You may have other tabs on your profile like “Photos,” “Videos,” “+1,” and “Reviews.” You can use your settings to select which tabs are visible to people.
- Place your cursor in the top left corner for the Google+ main menu and click Settings.
- In the Profile section, check or uncheck the tabs you’d like people to be able to see.
See how your Profile appears
Your profile looks different to others than it does to you. People visiting your profile will only see the content that you've shared with them.
You’ll see your Profile as yourself by default. To see how your profile looks to others:
- Sign in to Google+. Place your cursor in the top left corner for the Google + main menu and then click Profile.
- To the right of the Google+ main menu, locate the drop-down menu next to View profile as.
- Select Public to see how your profile looks to people who are not in your circles.
- To see how your profile looks to a particular user, click the box that says "Enter a name…" and type the user’s name.