Email addresses associated with your account
Your primary email address is the email address with which your Google Account is registered and that you'll use to sign in to Google+. You will also receive email notifications at your primary email address.
To change the email address on your account, follow these steps:
- Sign into your Google account.
- On the Email & phone box, click the Edit button.
- Click Edit next to the email you wish to edit.
Once you've saved the change, you should receive a verification message at the email address you just entered. To complete the change, click the verification link in this message. You should also receive a message at your old email address confirming that we've registered the change to your account.
- If you use Gmail with your account, it's not currently possible to change your Gmail username after you've registered. You can, however, create another Google Account with a different Gmail username.
- You can't change the email address on your account to an existing Gmail address, but we invite you to add a new Gmail address to your Google Account.
- You can't change the email address on your account to an email address that's already associated with a Google Account.
- If you want to make your alternate email address the new primary address, you'll first need to delete your alternate email address from the account.
- The account username that you choose needs to be an active, valid email address that you can access.
Alternate Email Addresses
In addition to your primary email address, you can add alternate email addresses to your account and use them to sign in, recover your password, and more. You can always check the list of alternate email addresses you have added to your account by going to your Account settings. For more information about alternate email addresses, check the Google Accounts help center.
If you use Google Apps, you won’t be able to add an alternate email address to your account.