Duplicate business listings
Duplicate listings for a single business can be a problem in either Google search results or in a business owner's Google Places account. There should only be one listing per business location, both in the Google Places account and in search results. If your business appears more than once in your account or in search results, please see the instructions below.Do multiple results for your business appear in Google Maps search results?
- Make sure you've claimed one of the listings in Google Places. Verify that there’s only one active listing in your account by logging in to your Google Places account.
- If there's more than one listing in your account for the same business, you’ll first need to fix that problem by following the steps in the section below.
- If you don't have a listing for it at all, you should claim your business.
- For every extra result for your business, go to its local listing page, click the Report A Problem link, and select "Place has another listing". If you can, include a link to the local listing you claimed in the comments section.
- Google will review these reports and fix duplicate business listings.
When you log in to your Google Places account, if you have multiple listings for the same location, that can be a violation of the quality guidelines. You should avoid having duplicates in your account. Here’s how to ensure you have only one listing per business location:
- Choose the listing that you'd prefer to keep in your account.
- Make sure that you have all your enhanced content (photos, business hours, description) attached to this listing.
- Make sure that its status is "active".
- Delete all other listings for the same business from your account. Choose the "Remove this listing from my Google Places account" option
- These changes can take several weeks to appear in search results
- If there are multiple results for your business in Google’s search results, follow the instructions above.
If you have multiple listings for the same location in different Places accounts, please delete duplicates in all accounts except for one. Duplicate listings in multiple accounts are a violation of our Places Quality guidelines . If there are multiple results for your business in Google’s search results, you can follow these instructions, too.
Here’s how to ensure you have only one listing across all of your Places accounts:
- Choose the listing that you'd prefer to keep across your accounts.
- If you have enhanced content (photos, business hours, description) that you’d like to keep, make sure it’s available in this listing.
- Make sure that the listing status is Active.
- Delete all other listings for the same business from your account(s). To do this, choose the Remove this listing from my Google Places account option.