Markers appear on Google to signify an important location. For example, when you search for an address, Google Maps shows you the address location with a marker. Types of markers include:
After you search for an address or business, this marker shows the precise location of a business.
This marker shows the approximate location of a business. There will also be an annotation that ‘Placement on map is approximate'.
If you have verified your business in Google Places, you can fix the round ball by moving the marker in your Google Places account by following these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Places account at Google.com/places
- Under the Actions column, click Edit
- On the right side of the page, click the Fix incorrect marker location link.
- Move the Pin marker to the correct location. If it already is in the correct location, you may need to drag it a short distance to fix any outstanding issues.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click Submit at the bottom of your listing information page. Marker moves will go live on Google within several hours.