Listen to music with your Google Assistant
You can ask your Google Assistant to play music for you on your Pixel Slate.
- On your device, touch and hold the Launcher , say "Ok Google," or press the key, to talk to your Assistant.
- Say a command.
- Songs: Play [song name]. Play [song name] by [artist name]. Play [song name] on [music service].
- Artists: Play [artist name]. Play [artist name] on [music service].
- Albums: Play [album name]. Play [album name] on [music service].
- Genre or mood: Play classical music. Play music for cooking. Play happy music on [music service].
Change the volume
You can set the volume to a specific level (1–10) or percent (1–100%).
- Increase: Turn it up (Increases volume by 10%).
- Decrease: Turn it down. (Decreases volume by 10%).
- Set a level or percentage: Volume 5. Volume to 65%.
Choose your default music service
To choose a default music service, like Google Play Music or Spotify, go to Google Assistant settings
- Press the Assistant key , say "Ok Google" or press the button to talk to your Assistant.
- Select Settings .
- Select Services Music.
- Choose a music service.
- For some services, you'll be asked to sign in to your account.