Fix Google Duo sound or video call problems
If you can't connect to Duo on your Pixel Slate, the app might have an issue with its sound, video, or connection.
Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
If you have an internet connection but you still can't get Duo to work, try restarting the app.
- At the bottom right, select the time to open your status area.
- Open Settings
- Under "Google Play Store," select Google Play Store.
- Select Manage Android preferences.
- Select Apps. From the list of apps, select Duo.
- Choose Force Stop.
- Open Duo again.
If nothing else works, try restarting your device.
Fix video or sound issues during a call
If the video or audio isn't working during a call, you and the person you're talking with should check the following:
- Make sure nothing is blocking the device's camera or microphone.
- Check that the camera and microphone are facing the right way.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection. Your Wi-Fi icon should have at least 1 bar. If you don't see 1 bar, move to where you have a better connection.
- Check your device's battery strength. If your battery is low, charge your device.
- Restart the app and try again.
- Restart your device and try again.
Need more help?
If none of the above solve the issue, you can ask questions in the Duo Help Forum.