Can't find or sync contacts with Google Duo
If you're having problems with Duo finding or syncing contacts on your Pixel Slate, try the steps below.
Step 1: Let Duo use your contacts
Make sure you've given Duo access to your contacts.
- At the bottom right, select the time to open your status area.
- Select Settings
- Under "Google Play Store," select Google Play Store.
- Select Manage Android preferences.
- Select Apps. From the list of apps, select Duo.
- Select Permissions.
- Turn on Contacts.
Step 2: Check your phone's Contacts
- Open your phone's Contacts.
- Check that the person you're trying to reach is listed.
- If the person isn't in your Contacts, add them.
Step 3: Report an issue
If the person you want to chat with is in your Contacts and uses Duo, but you still can't find them, send us feedback.
Need more help?
If none of the above solves the issue, you can ask questions in the Duo Help Forum.