If you’re near your Google Home device and Pixel Slate (or any device with Google Assistant enabled), only Google Home should respond to "Ok Google." If your Pixel Slate also responds, here’s how you can try fixing the issue.
Step 1: Add the same account to both devices
If you have multiple Google Accounts, add the account you used to set up Google Home to your Chrome OS device. Note: If the device that's responding isn't yours, then these steps won’t fix the issue.Step 1: See which account you use on Google Home
Follow these instructions, then come back to this page.
- If you’re signed in to your device, sign out by selecting the time in the lower right corner Sign out.
- At the bottom of your screen, select Add person.
- Follow the steps to add your account. After you add the account, you don’t need to stay signed in
Step 2: How to use "Ok Google"
Talk to Google Home
- Say "Ok Google." (Your device shouldn’t respond.)
Talk to your Chrome OS device
- When you’re at home, follow the steps below.
- When you’re not at home, say "Ok Google."
- On your device, press the key.
- Say or type a command or question.
Get help for Google Home
Visit the help forum
You can ask questions and find answers in the Google Home Help Forum.
- Go to the Google Home Help Center.
- At the top right, select Contact us.
- Choose how you want to talk with us.
Learn how to send feedback about Google Home. Sending feedback helps us fix the issue, but we won’t reply to you directly.