Use the front-facing Duo Cam or rear-facing camera on your Pixel Slate to take photos or video.
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher .
- Open Camera . Then, on the right side, choose an option:
- Select Photo Take photo .
- Select Video Start recording .
- Select Square Take photo .
You can also change how your photos or videos are captured:
- Change your settings: Select Settings . Change the size of the grid, the length of the timer, or the camera resolution.
- Flip your photo from left to right: Select Mirror .
- Use gridlines to straighten photos: Select Grid .
- Switch between cameras: At the left, select Switch camera . Tip: You can only switch cameras if you plug in an external camera or your device has 2 built-in cameras.
- Take photos with a timer: Select Timer .
Take a photo with portrait mode
Make the subject of your photo stand out by blurring the background. Portrait mode works with both front and rear-facing cameras and uses machine learning to recognize human subjects. It does not yet work with pets or objects.
To use portrait mode, open the camera and select Portrait
Find or delete your photos or videos
- Find your photos and videos: In the bottom right corner of the Camera , select the thumbnail of your most recent photo or video. To see the photo or video larger, select it.
- Important: To automatically store your photos and videos in Files , your device must run Chrome OS version 69 and up. To learn more about updating your device, see Related articles.
- Delete your photo or video: Select Delete .
- Save photo or video: Photos and videos taken with the Camera can be found in the "Downloads" folder of your Files . For more information, see Related articles.
Edit or print your photos
- Print your photo: Select Print .
- Edit, crop, or rotate your photo: Select Edit .